Doctor's Orders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Register your character accounts with full name in all lowercase. If your character's name exceeds the username character limit, contact an administrator to discuss the alternative. Example: jane elizabeth doe

It All Changed One Morning

peter michael darwin
    peter michael darwin

It All Changed One Morning Empty It All Changed One Morning

Post by peter michael darwin Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:17 pm

It was supposed to have been like every other morning for the eleven year old that slowly crept down the stairs, but Peter could feel the change that hung heavy in the air. His mother hadn't gotten him or Jacob up like she did every morning and the house was so very quiet. He first stopped by his parent's room, peaking in thinking his mother may of over slept. There were clothes thrown about and things on the floor, but his parent's bed hadn't been slept in at all. Next he crept into the kitchen, the room was untouched and there was no signs of anyone having been in there that morning. Finally he made his way into the living room where his father sat, bottle littering the floor around him and his father looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"Dad?" Peter asked softly as he walked up, "What are you doing?" vincent turned his gaze to his eldest before muttering, "Get your brother up and get your ass's to school." Peter was confused at his father's tone, "Dad..?" Vincent had never spoken to any of his family like this before and Peter couldn't unstand the change. Vincent took a drink from the bottle in his hand, "Just get your ass to school Peter..." His voice raised slightly as he gaze darkened, Peter frowned before asking. "Where's mom...?" Peter regeted his question as his father's eyes turned icy and he slowly rose from his chair. "I thought I told you to get your brother up and get your ass to school!" Vincent's voice never rose, but his tone turned hard and Peter started to back up. "Are you trying to walk away from me you little shit!" He yelled at his son, grabbing the front of his shirt. "N-No da-..." Peter started softly before letting out a yelp as his father hit him across the face. "Don't lie to me you little shit." His father hissed again before throwing Peter towards the stairs, "Now go do as I told you." Peter nodded with wide eyes as he raced up the stairs and into his brother's room.

Jacob sat up when he show his brother. "Petey... Where's mom... And what happened to you?" The seven year old asked his brother, Peter glanced at the mirror and winced at the slight bruise that started to show on his cheek. "Its nothing Jake... Lets just get ready for school okay..." Peter said softly, hiding the fear that now settled into his soul. He had to make sure that he protected his little brother, as long as their mother was gone he was the only one that could do it. He just had to do it til she returned and set things right, she had to come back soon... Right?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:07 am